[Beta Demo v1.14.c] Co-op is always on and I can't turn it off

The other character (Deimos or Sanford) just stands there, and they have their own crosshair/HUD at the top of the screen. CTRL does nothing, it just gives me an orange thing that makes error noises when I click. Whenever the locked character is nearby something they are given tooltips for xbox controllers. I don't have any controllers plugged in, my mouse was using some directX inputs but I removed them to no avail. I can't seem to uncheck "joystick 1" in the bottom right of the options menu, and I have "player 1 input" set to keyboard. 

This softlocks me in the second level, as I have to hack a terminal but can't as Sanford. No matter what I do I can't seem to get player 2 (which is what I assume the blue HUD to be representing) to move. Any help?

you need to unplug you controller. they haven't implemented the option to turn off co-op so if you aren't using the controller yourself  and the game detects a controller then it will make it control player 2. its tedious but you just have to not have any controllers connected when you play.

Like I said, I don't HAVE any controllers plugged in. That is the issue. I can't find whatever is making the game see a controller and enable co-op, and I am wondering if it is an issue with the game or some other software on my PC. It could be on my end still, since I seem to be the only one with this problem.

23 hours ago, Spookantor said:

Like I said, I don't HAVE any controllers plugged in. That is the issue. I can't find whatever is making the game see a controller and enable co-op, and I am wondering if it is an issue with the game or some other software on my PC. It could be on my end still, since I seem to be the only one with this problem.

oh, I must have glossed over that part. you should try looking up any all you external devices with a device manager to see if some kind of ghost device is connect that the game is sensing. while it wasn't with this game I had a situation were when I plugged in my Xbox usb controller I was third player and there were 2 phantom controllers taking up the first two players. if that doesn't yield anything you could always default to the tried and true reinstall but that's obviously a last resort.

• 4 weeks later...