Are you lost?

We all feel lost sometimes, friend.
Especially when all sorts of weird shit begins to go down in your neighbourhood, and what used to be a safe place to enjoy a hotdog is transformed into a battleground for savage gangs, cold and uncaring corporations or shadowy agencies.  Sometimes things that should be dead are not.

You want to rise up, do something about these jerks who moved in and ruined everything, but you lack the resources. You lack the training. You lack the skill.

Not every fella has the will to harden themselves. That's where we come in.

What are you waiting for? Hit up your local recruiter, or make the trip to our home territory past the valley. Before you know it, you'll be defending your hometown with new friends, and afterwards get to go back to base and high five your squadmates.

JOIN.thumb.png.25f137aeded0fb47fe2d62882c09ace7.png

Hi, I am Spades and I will send mean-looking dudes to protect your hometown for a reasonable fee! 

MEET NEW FRIENDS! SEE THE SIGHTS! LEAVE NO SURVIVORS!

Working for GTS is not like being a footsoldier in your everyday mercenary band. Payment comes in the form of scrip, which while not spendable in most Nevadean establishments will allow you access to all of GTS's resources at an affordable rate.  While your squadmates are important and the mission comes first, Gecko is first and foremost about YOUR personal development. Our officers aren't here to belittle you or make you fetch their smokes, they are here to put you through hell in a controlled environment. While training sessions might get messy, they are quick and the results bear immediate fruit. You will feel like a better you, or so fucking help us.

Our state of the art medical facilities allow for us to bring you back from the brink, even when all seems completely lost. Besides, hell isn't real, right? 

Grunt positions are available to all who sign up. Standardized equipment will be provided, consisting of one (1) aluminum pipe, one (1) pack of high-nicotine cigarettes, and one (1) pair of combat goggles. Further equipment is to be purchased, brought from home or looted.  

Our on-site manufacturing plant and armory provides a wealth of equipment for those with a few missions under their belt. Bed and board is provided free of charge, though complaining about our MREs will result in immediate discharge. Of the chef's firearm. 

Reggie!

This is Reggie! You can be just like him. Sure, his eyes don't glow and the mask's an old model, but he's survived three consecutive outings into the desert.
Can you say the same?

OTHER POSITIONS

Handy with a wrench?  After completion of an active assignment, you have the option of signing up for a variety of positions that allow you to bolster both yourself and us, without getting shot at!*
Our factories and laboratories always require warm bodies to staff the assembly lines producing the gear that helps us keep your hometown free of bandits. 

Promotion and hierarchy follow a simple rule: You can call yourself whatever the hell kind of title you want after four consecutive missions without having your brains splattered over a wall. As long as you remember who's really in charge, I don't give a damn if you call yourself First Mate, Supreme Leader or Lance Corporal. As a bonus, you get to perform all sorts of exciting training exercises on the rookies!

We believe you will quickly find a niche that suits you best, rather than having to force yourself into a preset loadout.

*That depends on if no armed jerks are coming to raid our factories again.

GECKO TRAINING SOLUTIONS. BUILDING A BETTER YOU.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

GTS REQUISITIONS CATALOG

Fancy meeting you here, chum. Now that you've had an outing or two under your belt and your core is getting a good workout, chances are you will be able to actually lift any of the following options, and perhaps even use them to your great advantage! We know you'll make us proud, and Spades knows you'll do everything in your power not to disappoint.

Remember that the average wage from an outing is 25 SCRIP, which is a very fair price for the lack of effort you are clearly putting in. You can do better.

STATE-OF-THE-ART MELEE EQUIPMENT

latest?cb=20130505151804

BLUNT SUBJUGATION INSTRUMENT - 12 SCRIP

You can't go wrong with a baton. Neither can your enemy, once you impaled them with one of these. Do not allow the lack of a sharp edge to stop you.

latest?cb=20130505152255

SPARE PIPE - 10 SCRIP

Lost your previous pipe in the field? You worthless fuckup.

Here, we got plenty. Try not to lose this one, we charge double for any pipes we hand out after this. 

latest?cb=20130505152458

STANDARDIZED CARBON COMBAT KNIFE - 25 SCRIP

This bad boy will likely outlast you, which is a good thing since you are an immortal champion of the people. 
Quartermaster's pro-tip: Aim for the sides, the ribs, the armpits and the stomach! Practice butchery on fallen enemies to truly get a feel for your equipment.

TOP-OF-THE-LINE LEADSLINGING SUPPLIES

latest?cb=20190602224003

COOL CANADIANESIAN HANDGUN - 35 SCRIP

.45 ACP AMMUNITION - 5 SCRIP x 3 MAGS

The serial stampings said something about maple syrup and snow, before we filed them off. This thing works great as a sidearm, or just to put holes in rude dudes at range. 

latest?cb=20120520235859

NP7 SUBMACHINEGUN - 50 SCRIP

4.6x30mm AMMUNITION - 5 SCRIP x 2 MAGS

Tape a can of beans to the barrel and don't forget to flip out that foregrip, and you'll have a new best friend for life.

latest?cb=20120521000714

SOD OFF - 35 SCRIP

12 GAUGE SHELLS - 10 SCRIP x 1 Box of 24

Oh, I'm sorry, you wanted a stock? Well la-di-da. This thing fits in your coat and can blast a fist-sized hole into your target's torso before he even knows what's up. Try doing THAT with a stock.

Please ignore the pump, it'll only waste your time and/or confuse you and your enemies. Some legends say that a guy in some park managed to squeeze three shells out of one of these bad boys without reloading. Those legends are dumb.

latest?cb=20120520214036

AUTOMATIC HOLE PUNCHER - 75 SCRIP

5.45×39mm AMMO - 10 SCRIP x 2 MAGS
This thing probably had a cooler name somewhere in history, before its design got stolen by fifty different agencies. After which we stole it. From them.
Set the fire selector to "MEGA" for maximum efficiency. 

latest?cb=20130507063054

N36 COMBAT RIFLE - 125 SCRIP

5.45x39mm AMMO - 10 SCRIP x 2 MAGS

Due to a broken assembly line, all fire selectors on these are permanently set to 'Burst'. Hey, consider it a good limiter on that twitchy finger of yours.

THE GIFT SHOP

latest?cb=20120415083154

75 SCRIP

A plate over your gut and some pockets to put all your loot in. Grunt-tested, Spades approved!

latest?cb=20120418141922latest?cb=20120418141906latest?cb=20130428171522

15 SCRIP

Can't afford a gas mask? Of course you can't. These will do, in a pinch.
Pro-tip: soak your mask in urine before entering an area with toxic materials. 

latest?cb=20120418141939

50 SCRIP

Better than a piss-soaked rag. Looks pretty sick, to boot!

latest?cb=20120418171358

25 SCRIP

You got a pair of these for free, right? Why are you buying another set?
Did you lose them, like the dumb idiot you are?

latest?cb=20120620131643

PRO SMOKES - 10 SCRIP

These'll do for your nicotine-starved standards. 
Upon display of a certified Nevadean Doctor's note, can be exchanged for medicinal herbal doinks.

GTS does not market towards civilians. Sure, you might see a lot of our gear floating around, but who's to say their blueprint wasn't just reaaaally similar to ours?

RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT

You might have noticed some of your comrades, officers or hated enemies might be augmented in ways that surpass what that dumpy sack of organs we call a body can do. Maybe their blood is all weird, or they're pulling all sorts of crap out of thin air. In any case, it's scary, and what is scary is also awesome and must be controlled at all costs. 

At minor expense to your wallet, the secrets of an awesome life are at your fingertips. Access is restricted to those who have proven to not ruin everything they touch.

Please don't tell anyone we have any of the equipment required for these. Spades knows what he's doing, regulations just get in the way of becoming your ultimate self!

Accelerated Training Program - Ugh. Those masked freaks at the AAHW might think they've got it all figured out, but it's nothing we can't do in our garage. Modestly improved reflexes will let you dodge low-caliber bullets and shrapnel, while the grazes you do take turn from serious injuries into dull, throbbing echoes thanks to our fool-proof methods. Best of all, the process seems to turn your blood a delightful shade of orange! You'll be the envy of your peers.

150 SCRIP - A full treatment session! Please do not eat anything in the 24 hours before surgery.

Bees! - Oh fuck, bees! A genome treatment that causes your adrenal gland to produce nothing but honey, and your gal bladder to produce nothing but BEES! The combination ensures the resulting painful stomach-cavity-to-hive transformation is relatively clean, considering they do not see you as an intruder. This one's free, we can't really figure out any way to make this even remotely attractive to you as an option until we figure out how to make them fire from your fingertips. 

Edited by fungicidal
  • Like 1

ACTIVE DUTY FORM

You are itching to ship out. Your pipe has not tasted brain matter in a while, or you just feel like making yourself useful for a change.

We got you covered. Please sign the following document with your full name, rank/title, and tick all the boxes that have your preference. Your officer/personal coach will have final say in where you are deployed and with what duties, so as long as you don't irritate them you should end up assigned to the duties you marked. 

Average wages consist of 25 SCRIP per outing, varying based on duties performed. Duties with higher-than-average fatality rates might qualify for a small bonus. Higher threat means higher pay!

AREA OF OPERATIONS

[  ]  Eastern Nevada

[  ]  Western Nevada (+5 SCRIP)

[  ] Production Facility Alpha

[  ] Production Facility Beta

[  ]  Headquarters

[  ]  Nexus City (+10 SCRIP)

[  ] Special Operations (+25 SCRIP)

DUTY

[  ] Grunt Work     [  ] Courier Services

[  ]  Designated Marksman     [  ]  Combat Medic

[  ] Combat Engineer     [  ] Test Subject (+5 SCRIP)

[  ] Driver     [  ] Pilot(+5 SCRIP)

[  ] Corpse Retrieval (+5 SCRIP)   [  ] Infestation Control (+10 SCRIP)

[  ] V.I.P. Protection(+5 SCRIP)     [  ] Gang Cleanup 

[  ] Combat Plumber     [  ] Patrol

[  ] Assembly Line (-10 SCRIP)     [  ] Custodial (-10 SCRIP)

[  ]  Special Operations (+25 SCRIP)

MODIFYING FACTORS

[  ]  I am a weak, sick baby who would not survive a combat deployment. Please don't sign me up for those, waaah! (-10 SCRIP, EXEMPT FROM COMBAT)

[  ]  A recent deployment has caused crippling personal injury, and I currently can not hold a weapon with anything but my teeth. (-5 SCRIP, EXEMPT FROM COMBAT, POINT SUBJECT TO DISCOUNT CYBERNETICS WING)

[  ]  My friends are all dead from that last mission. (+5 SCRIP, SOLO OPERATIVE STATUS RECOGNIZED)

[  ]  None of this fits my skillset! I came here to improve myself, but all of this seems impossible! Please sign me up to have my weak baby blood replaced with superior quality serum, and fill my head with tactical knowledge! (SUBJECT RECOMMENDED FOR ATP CONVERSION)

[  ] I am more of a thinker than a doer. Don't you have any room in your operation for more eggheads? (SUBJECT RECOMMENDED FOR R&D)

SIGNATURE

(This space intentionally left blank)