Audanti'sshitposts

The Moment You Have All Been Waiting For! Update 1.13 a!

Posted (edited)

The Newest MPN2 update has FINALLY been unleashed to the masses! New intro screen, new main menu screen, new content, new weapons, new costumes, new levels, NEW NEW AND MORE NEW! Get to playing as soon as you can hope you remembered how to fix your saves because if not you are going to be starting from the beginning not that there is anything wrong with that as there is quite a few new things to see there. The weapons also have a new durability system and guns now despawn when empty and dropped. RIP impaling people with shotguns and revolvers. 

Edited by Audanti'sshitposts
Forgot to include the number and letter of the latest beta build update.

On one hand, this is great.

On the other, there's unsurprisingly new bugs to uncover, like that one where sometimes throwing your weapon in quick succession after the first one you were dual-wielding prevents you from doing anything aside from opening the menu.

On the third hand, all automatic weapons still fire in three-round bursts when not held down and that's still stupid.

7 hours ago, Capt. Latrios said:

On one hand, this is great.

On the other, there's unsurprisingly new bugs to uncover, like that one where sometimes throwing your weapon in quick succession after the first one you were dual-wielding prevents you from doing anything aside from opening the menu.

On the third hand, all automatic weapons still fire in three-round bursts when not held down and that's still stupid.

This is also the update where saves were wiped completely for both Arena and Story mode. Weapons now have durability to them and the players ability to grapple was removed to prevent cheesing boss fights though enemies can still grapple. 

20 hours ago, Audanti'sshitposts said:

This is also the update where saves were wiped completely for both Arena and Story mode. Weapons now have durability to them and the players ability to grapple was removed to prevent cheesing boss fights though enemies can still grapple. 

I didn't even know you could cheese boss fights with grapple.

and Weapons having durability makes sense for the sake of balance so that you're not holding onto the same weapon forever, and in true madness combat fashion, will eventually need to find a replacement. (Wish you could turn off empty guns despawning, though)

And your save data isn't gone, there's just a new file location for it. You just gotta look in the right place.

3 hours ago, Capt. Latrios said:

I didn't even know you could cheese boss fights with grapple.

and Weapons having durability makes sense for the sake of balance so that you're not holding onto the same weapon forever, and in true madness combat fashion, will eventually need to find a replacement. (Wish you could turn off empty guns despawning, though)

And your save data isn't gone, there's just a new file location for it. You just gotta look in the right place.

Are you certain about that? I attempted to track down the new file location but was unable to locate it despite using the same methods of searching under the %appdata% folder and checking the locallow tab. Yes it was possible to cheese boss fights with grapple Jeb for instance was notorious until you grappled him then he became very weak and you could win the fight in under five minutes. Crackpot was another if you were able to grapple him with say Sanford's hook or whatever you had plenty of time to just wail on him before he could teleport or throw any of his magical cocaine. You could also knock him down off his perch with grenades in one of the earlier versions not sure if they patched that or not. To be honest the most annoying thing about this update outside of empty gun despawn and no grapple is how brutal melee combat is you practically get stunlocked while only being able to target one enemy at a time. 

13 hours ago, Audanti'sshitposts said:

Are you certain about that? I attempted to track down the new file location but was unable to locate it despite using the same methods of searching under the %appdata% folder and checking the locallow tab. Yes it was possible to cheese boss fights with grapple Jeb for instance was notorious until you grappled him then he became very weak and you could win the fight in under five minutes. Crackpot was another if you were able to grapple him with say Sanford's hook or whatever you had plenty of time to just wail on him before he could teleport or throw any of his magical cocaine. You could also knock him down off his perch with grenades in one of the earlier versions not sure if they patched that or not. To be honest the most annoying thing about this update outside of empty gun despawn and no grapple is how brutal melee combat is you practically get stunlocked while only being able to target one enemy at a time. 

I actually mentioned all of that in my post in the bug reports section. And yeah, while you can't cheese boss fights with grapple any more, I've found that you can in fact just cheese a lot of the regular people fights (namely Christoff) by just wailing on him with a fast-moving melee weapon. Because everyone is stupid-vulnerable to stunlocking, it seems

On 6/23/2020 at 1:48 AM, Capt. Latrios said:

I actually mentioned all of that in my post in the bug reports section. And yeah, while you can't cheese boss fights with grapple any more, I've found that you can in fact just cheese a lot of the regular people fights (namely Christoff) by just wailing on him with a fast-moving melee weapon. Because everyone is stupid-vulnerable to stunlocking, it seems

I took your advice and the saves still do not work. According to Swain the old saves are not serialized like the new ones are hence why they no longer work as intended. Not to mention as a friend of mine pointed out even if you could get old save files working with the current update the game would likely crash given the new items and features not present in the prior build that the old data was using.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Audanti'sshitposts said:

I took your advice and the saves still do not work. According to Swain the old saves are not serialized like the new ones are hence why they no longer work as intended. Not to mention as a friend of mine pointed out even if you could get old save files working with the current update the game would likely crash given the new items and features not present in the prior build that the old data was using.

Hmm, you're right. I'd found my old saves and put them into presumably what I'd thought were the current folders, and they do in fact no longer work. Whoops, my bad. Oh well guess starting again is how it goes. I've been playing through the campaign again anyways.

Gotta say; getting stunlocked; not fun or fair. Nothing says 'artificial difficulty' quite like the game literally preventing you from fighting back. :3

Edited by Capt. Latrios
Removing terrible emoji
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Capt. Latrios said:

Hmm, you're right. I'd found my old saves and put them into presumably what I'd thought were the current folders, and they do in fact no longer work. Whoops, my bad. Oh well guess starting again is how it goes. I've been playing through the campaign again anyways.

Gotta say; getting stunlocked; not fun or fair. Nothing says 'artificial difficulty' quite like the game literally preventing you from fighting back. :3

Yeah that is one of the most common complaints so far I understand the mooks are not going to necessarily be fair and attack you one at a time though they could at least have the decency to not stunlock you till the heat death of the universe. To be honest melee combat in general this update is very much lackluster and somehow less enjoyable than the previous update. Not to mention really not a fan of despawning empty guns. 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 8:26 AM, Capt. Latrios said:

Time your blocks or scoot dodges to get out of stunlocking, we're toying with the window of opportunity required to escape it, but it is present in the game. Mashing will not work.

5 hours ago, JelliedKnife said:

Wow, finally weapon durability! Hope we can kill enemies with broken weapons like in Classic!

When a weapon breaks it turns into fragments, and you can in fact kill enemies with the fragments. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bananakin said:

and i can't dodge in arena mode since 13a

Hold shift and press space to activate the big dodge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1