Sign in to follow this  
Bat Day

bug [v1.12.D] Remaining and possible older version bugs, Sheriff Cutscene, 4-3 shotgun, and many more.

Posted (edited)

Here's some bugs I found remaining, and old ones I didn't check now but forgot to mention before.

-Sheriff Boss Cutscene: Either it happens if you skip the dialog too fast, or when you replay the level after beating it a first time. Instead of hiding behind the second set of sandbags, he remains in front and invulnerable, increasing the difficulty of the second set of charges you have to plant.

-A12 (A Tec 12 shotgun, I think?) in Deep Storage: Before climbing the stairs, using the lift, and hitting the big room that serves as an arena, being near / picking up the shotgun in this locker locks your pickup controls and glitches other animations and things until you exit the room it's in or take the lift. I read someone else on the forums mention it's when you pick up some nearby ammo.

-In the mine levels, it's especially apparent that falling once on some ledges causes you or your ally to continuously roll or maybe even slide back and fall into the pit / water they keep climbing out of. In a previous version of the game, I noticed it was especially apparent if you move too close to the bottom of the screen in a dark sewage room with platforms and abominations where you proceed through a door at the top. This one instance might have been fixed already though.

-Thrown shurikens leaving a sound-loop after it hits, causing the room to fill up with spinning noises if enough are thrown.

-A combat locked open area hanging platform room in the second mines level that requires you to jump down to the platforms of a previous room and finish off some abominations. Easy fix if found out by the player.

-An alarm in Boom Factory failing to go off in the first large area with moving walls and exhaust vents (seems rare and doesn't impede progress).

--Older stuff that might have been fixed by now--

-In Climb! I noticed some things that might have caused enemies to go into the sky, thus preventing the kill counter from going down, was their physics collisions with helicopters, and / or possibly an invisible ceiling. Moving away from the side those choppers spawned from seemed to increase chances of preventing that. Either the chopper physics needs / needed to not collide with them, or the invisible sky platform they land on, or the state of being far out of bounds or falling endlessly from too high up to land within the same hour would need to be kept in check to prevent any physics mishaps from causing much trouble (as physics and momentum related mishaps were liable to happen every now and then (especially on that part of that level)).

-In Murder Room 1 (I think it's the one with the big fan), if struck the wrong way by a falling agent, the fan's physics would cause its rotation (the fan itself) to offset to angles that make being near the pit a bit more dangerous.

-Tricky's hair despawning / derendering in Story Mode, or the player's hair despawning in some Arena maps (noticed in the lowering platforms with alarms Murder Room (3?) ).

-Jeb getting stuck behind a staircase. (seems very rare).

-The zombie dinner bells setting off that everyone probably knows of.

Edited by Bat Day

Posted (edited)

Almost forgot to mention the screen cutting off early at some resolutions, making you guess what you need to see at some side edges. Don't know whether or not windowed mode effects this.

Also, Hank's movement glitches into autopilot when taking the last lift at the partner splitting phase of Climb! You have to inch your way through it and wait until the script is satisfied while he moves into danger.

Also, if you get stuck on cover you're trying to climb over and it holds you in place instead, you have to press the interact button to use it, then exit cover to regain movement controls.

I haven't re-checked, but in a previous game version, not finishing off the last group of zombies before the last boss fight in Residential Sector-3 caused a combat lock soft-lock at the end of that fight.

Another theory on enemies staying out of bounds in Climb! is that they could have moved into the physical bounds of other rooms, without those rooms being rendered by the proper transition into them (doors).

Edited by Bat Day

A cutscene that plays around the first time you enter overworld 6 in Story seems bugged. (might add more to this comment at later dates).