first post, and would it have been cool to have more episodes?

granted id take pn2 over 1 anyday but imagine if flash wasnt so smol and could actually support all the episodes and other modes they had planned for PN? it'd be cool.

I read through the old blog posts and htey did talka bout dual wielding and such making their way into the second episode.

• Like 1
  • Moderators

The thing is, the fact that Flash was so small might have been a blessing. The new game is absolutely phenomenal; I have a copy of it and let me tell you, the devs KILLED themselves over the past six years with the work that they've done simply by adding a z-axis in the sequel. The first game is a joke in comparison.

And yes, dual wielding is very much a thing. You can actually wield a gun and a sword at the same time, two rifles, two swords, a pistol and a shotgun, or two shotguns for that gibbing goodness. Anything your little heart desires as long as your skill tree can accompany it. 

Hoping to make some videos on it soon on my channel.

I own a copy of PN2, ive sunk 50 hours into it, its an absolute grand game.
The story mode and arena mode are like two different games (although i suck at story) 
im just talking about the possibility about if flash didnt have those limits.
EDIT: by dual wiedling, im talking about how it was gonna be in episode 2 of the original PN

Edited by raidenslicer
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, The Swain said:

We always wanted PN1 to be bigger. All the work we're doing in PN2 used to be plans we had for the Flash game, if you can believe that. Flash failing on us was one of the best things to happen to this series tbh.

Only 'cause you made it be. Saw another game developer pretty much do nothing for like 4 years because of Flash limitations. Great work and mad respect. ?

What would the next episode be? With the super weapon destroyed and every engineer killed, the project was in ruins, according to the ending. Cleaning up the stragglers and finding Tricky in an attempt to kill him? The ending to PN1 seemed open and shut, unless they came back from destruction like the Enclave. Now that I think of it, the Nexus does seem like they can't be stopped.

On 8/11/2018 at 3:53 PM, aolko said:

you have unity2d, you know, for 2d games... if you plan to expand on pn1

We wouldn't really be expanding on it, though. We'd be recreating the game in a new engine and doing all that work over again.

Unless you're talking about starting up from scratch with a new project that continues where PN1 left off. At which point, you just described PN2.

On 8/14/2018 at 9:27 PM, The Swain said:

We wouldn't really be expanding on it, though. We'd be recreating the game in a new engine and doing all that work over again.

well...you could move sprites and some other assets over from flash, so all that would need to be redone is level design and entire game logic

On 8/14/2018 at 9:27 PM, The Swain said:

Unless you're talking about starting up from scratch with a new project that continues where PN1 left off. At which point, you just described PN2.

sure, but i'm trying to put an accent on unity2d here to keep it more like pn1

• 5 months later...

I'm not sure , the game is fine as it is...There are lots of talented fans that could make total conversions of PN1. PN1 is awesome because it looks almost exactly like a  madness animation. It has an almost identical style to madness apotheosis and onward.It's magical. Or that's how I see it.