Sign in to follow this  
Zandermanith

Companion Reaction Animations

Posted (edited)

Something I've noticed in both Story Mode and Arena Mode is how AI companions will occasionally (Or in Arena, after almost every kill) do an animation, whether it's a slow clap, or waving their hand in the air in triumph or whatever.

This is nice and all, but can this be addressed? These animations cannot be interrupted manually, it stops characters from attacking for a couple of seconds even in the middle of a firefight because they wanna celebrate their existence. If you switch playable characters to someone while they're doing their animation, you can't move or do anything with them until they're done with it. It's cool and all to add little personality touches like that, but when they so severely cut into the flow of the game for no reason other than flair, it's probably best to make them interruptable or rework them altogether.

Edited by Zandermanith
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Zandermanith said:

Something I've noticed in both Story Mode and Arena Mode is how AI companions will occasionally (Or in Arena, after almost every kill) do an animation, whether it's a slow clap, or waving their hand in the air in triumph or whatever.

This is nice and all, but can this be addressed? These animations cannot be interrupted manually, it stops characters from attacking for a couple of seconds even in the middle of a firefight because they wanna celebrate their existence. If you switch playable characters to someone while they're doing their animation, you can't move or do anything with them until they're done with it. It's cool and all to add little personality touches like that, but when they so severely cut into the flow of the game for no reason other than flair, it's probably best to make them interruptable or rework them altogether.

I'm surprised this exists as I never took the time to notice that. I always thought they would kill then move onto the next mook to slaughter not start failing their arms around like an inflatable tube. 

On 5/8/2019 at 3:03 AM, Audanti'sshitposts said:

I'm surprised this exists as I never took the time to notice that. I always thought they would kill then move onto the next mook to slaughter not start failing their arms around like an inflatable tube. 

I've found it most notable in Story mode when I leap onto a Golem's back and he retaliates, I switch to my partner to wail on him while the other does that kick in the face. It seems like half the time when I switch to my partner, he does that "Hands out looking around suspiciously" animation which takes up a full couple of seconds. It's really irritating. You've been in the room for like a minute already, there's nothing else to see there.