kingdom021

bug [1.12.D] Playing Multiplayer in Arena Exploit/Bug

Posted (edited)

After playing multiplayer with my brother in campaign, the mission where we first meet gestalt bugged out and the screen turned black at the end. Frustrated, I went to play arena mode, with my crew members being kinda buggy, with only 2 names listed on the right side of my screen, yet all 4/5 of my crew members still followed my command. The 5th, however, didn't move, only for us to realize that it was being controlled by my brother. Excited, we tried playing an arena match, only for all crew members to revert to normal,  meaning he couldn't control anyone, and all 5 names were listed on the right side of my screen. Interestingly enough though, I then pressed pause, toggled the "player one is controller" function, then turned it back off. Right after turning it back off, my brother was somehow able to regain control of the crew member. So this is basically an early way to play multiplayer in arena mode! Please let me know if you guys could replicate it.

Here's a pic of me replicating the procedure using a freshly created character.

[Edit]: Again, all one needs to do is just press pause with at least one crew member currently following you, and then toggle the "player one if controller function" on and back off. This also seems to turn any other crew members into non-moving players as well, so maybe there's a possibility to play more than just 2 players, but I'm not entirely sure. And if any crew member dies, the game will perceive it as if you died, meaning the match must be redone.  tNWzUwEJ_LV_tZ2DbXaPZx2WWFfsFgOOa-vMvXdl

Edited by kingdom021
I found more info that I felt could be useful to players or the devs.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1