kingdom021

bug [1.12.D] Unable to progress in story mode unless a 2nd player joins.

Since the update that added multiplayer, I am unable to control the companion that I travel with in story mode, as he just stands in one place, doing nothing, awaiting input from a nonexistent controller. If I connect an xbox controller, a 2nd player is able to control the partner and can control them fine, it's just that I can't progress as a single player, as the camera won't focus on me, and will stretch incredibly far if I walk away from my companion. I tried turning off my bluetooth to see if maybe a random connection was recognized as a controller, but it didn't work. I also tried hitting x to switch to my companion, and the game doesn't let me even switch to them. I don't know what to do.

if it helps, to let you know, the button  used for switching to squadmate has been changed to the ctrl key, all ya need to do is tap the button and you'll switch.

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work either, pressing ctrl just activates the command squad function. The game just seems to think that I have a 2nd controller plugged in at all times, regardless of whether I do or not, meaning the AI companion doesn't move at all, making it not-so-fun to play any mission with 2 characters. 

12 hours ago, kingdom021 said:

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work either, pressing ctrl just activates the command squad function. The game just seems to think that I have a 2nd controller plugged in at all times, regardless of whether I do or not, meaning the AI companion doesn't move at all, making it not-so-fun to play any mission with 2 characters. 

I am aware of this bug in fact before the latest silent update yesterday it happened to me as well. Perhaps try launching the game again today and the bug might be patched now.

Clicking it fast doesn't seem to do anything, and the most recent update hasn't fixed the issue for me either. I'm not really sure what else to do.