Jump to content
SlygorTheThird

SO THAT DIFFICULTY

Recommended Posts

Hey look it's me back to bitch more about this game! Even if I do actually really like it, its just I like it in a way where I can get very very upset at some of its flaws

SO, the new update, really liking it so far, fixed some issues and I find my characters don't get stuck in doorways nearly as much, great!.

Also deleted my save of story mode so that was fun.

Ive gotten to Jorge and Church punish you for playing the game fight 3 and just my luck, the game decided to have a fit or something and now Deimos and Sanford are stuck in the arena for the rest of fucking time I guess. Oh well!

 

BUT this isn't a bug report, more a cry for help.

PLEASE

MAKE A USELESS BITCH DIFFICULTY LEVEL OR SOMETHING, I REALLY DON'T MIND HOW INSULTING OR DEMEANING YOU WANT I JUST NEED SOMETHING

I get that the mining sector is supposed to be hard, but considering the fact the game really likes breaking from time to time (Not really something that can be avoided I get that). I can't keep replaying these long ass levels only to have the game decide its gonna freeze up on me or have an enemy spawn outside of the map or something.

Hell, even just adding checkpoints or SOMETHING for easy mode would make it better.

So like TLDR: I'm bad at your game and think easy mode could be even easier.

If this is how hard the mining sector is I can't wait for the science tower to actually just give me a heart attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SlygorTheThird said:

Hey look it's me back to bitch more about this game! Even if I do actually really like it, its just I like it in a way where I can get very very upset at some of its flaws

SO, the new update, really liking it so far, fixed some issues and I find my characters don't get stuck in doorways nearly as much, great!.

Also deleted my save of story mode so that was fun.

Ive gotten to Jorge and Church punish you for playing the game fight 3 and just my luck, the game decided to have a fit or something and now Deimos and Sanford are stuck in the arena for the rest of fucking time I guess. Oh well!

 

BUT this isn't a bug report, more a cry for help.

PLEASE

MAKE A USELESS BITCH DIFFICULTY LEVEL OR SOMETHING, I REALLY DON'T MIND HOW INSULTING OR DEMEANING YOU WANT I JUST NEED SOMETHING

I get that the mining sector is supposed to be hard, but considering the fact the game really likes breaking from time to time (Not really something that can be avoided I get that). I can't keep replaying these long ass levels only to have the game decide its gonna freeze up on me or have an enemy spawn outside of the map or something.

Hell, even just adding checkpoints or SOMETHING for easy mode would make it better.

So like TLDR: I'm bad at your game and think easy mode could be even easier.

If this is how hard the mining sector is I can't wait for the science tower to actually just give me a heart attack.

If you want my friend I could probably help you out by passing you my save file. It has all the story mode levels completed and you can choose which to play. Don't feel bad about how difficult the game is because quite frankly in some areas the difficulty is just plain broken. Especially in the Mining Sector (That train section can burn in the pits of Hell!) I also agree more checkpoints should be a thing after significant junctions in a mission. For instance in Climb the newest Hank and Sanford mission you don't get a checkpoint until AFTER you have gone through waves of enemies including two MAGS! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Audanti'sshitposts said:

If you want my friend I could probably help you out by passing you my save file. It has all the story mode levels completed and you can choose which to play. Don't feel bad about how difficult the game is because quite frankly in some areas the difficulty is just plain broken. Especially in the Mining Sector (That train section can burn in the pits of Hell!) I also agree more checkpoints should be a thing after significant junctions in a mission. For instance in Climb the newest Hank and Sanford mission you don't get a checkpoint until AFTER you have gone through waves of enemies including two MAGS! 

Oh man that would be a huge help if you could!
I don't like to cheat of course but god I agree with you on that train car section, that was actually the last thing that stopped me from progressing any further.

This game is really good but MAN, whoever balances the difficulty must be a god or something because while easy is probably like, relative to the other difficulties, I still get curb stomped every other second for the most part

This would be a huge help though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SlygorTheThird said:

Oh man that would be a huge help if you could!
I don't like to cheat of course but god I agree with you on that train car section, that was actually the last thing that stopped me from progressing any further.

This game is really good but MAN, whoever balances the difficulty must be a god or something because while easy is probably like, relative to the other difficulties, I still get curb stomped every other second for the most part

This would be a huge help though!

No worries I have had to do this before myself and have even had to rely on it once when I lost my saves. Thankfully, I left them with somebody who I had an open Discord convo with. Anyways I will privately message you the save data so you can insert it into the files. And even walk you through the process if necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Audanti'sshitposts said:

No worries I have had to do this before myself and have even had to rely on it once when I lost my saves. Thankfully, I left them with somebody who I had an open Discord convo with. Anyways I will privately message you the save data so you can insert it into the files. And even walk you through the process if necessary.

I'm basically hopeless with file things so both would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a ton my dude. You are a life saver!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Climb! is hella tough. The first main challenge is the double MAG fight, then after that you got an office area that I've not gotten past yet. That's not to say Sanford and Jebus' level isn't easy either. Thanks HIVE. I'm playing these levels on Normal and I don't wanna imagine having to redo them on Madness because right now, they are incredibly difficult. I imagine once the game is officially launched in Early Access, levels will become much more balanced as more people can get their hands on the game then.

The Mining Sector is a bit of a slog since the levels are fairly long and don't offer much checkpoints. That train section is meant to based on a certain Battle Toads level (the one with the speeder bike), so I imagine some difficulty has to be there. For me though, it outstays it's welcome as the time limit is too long..

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The difficulty curve kinda makes me think of like... Dark Souls or something, in that almost every stage seems more impossible than the last, yet somehow eventually I get past them and revisiting them they suddenly don't seem that hard.

Gotta say though, with that Flood Control boss fight, I haven't really figured out a proper way to defeat the duo (Though I haven't experimented too much because the stage for whatever reason doesn't have a checkpoint despite being insanely lengthy and tedious.) besides just keeping some proper firearms holstered for when the fight comes. In the arena itself you're given a handaxe, a single deagle and about a million sets of daggers. Daggers barely do anything to Fanatics let alone Jorge and Church, you're better off just verbally abusing them and hoping you hurt their feelings enough to make them give up.

Same goes for the boss fight against the Buoyant One. Just die, reset at the fight and use the starting guns to gun down the Graveseekers real quick like. On a random note, the Buoyant One's constant homing magic seems near impossible to continuously dodge being stuck with Sanford and Deimos' "dive-to-prone" tier dodge when also trying to attack the Graveseekers.

Edited by Zandermanith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zandermanith said:

The difficulty curve kinda makes me think of like... Dark Souls or something, in that almost every stage seems more impossible than the last, yet somehow eventually I get past them and revisiting them they suddenly don't seem that hard.

Gotta say though, with that Flood Control boss fight, I haven't really figured out a proper way to defeat the duo (Though I haven't experimented too much because the stage for whatever reason doesn't have a checkpoint despite being insanely lengthy and tedious.) besides just keeping some proper firearms holstered for when the fight comes. In the arena itself you're given a handaxe, a single deagle and about a million sets of daggers. Daggers barely do anything to Fanatics let alone Jorge and Church, you're better off just verbally abusing them and hoping you hurt their feelings enough to make them give up.

Same goes for the boss fight against the Buoyant One. Just die, reset at the fight and use the starting guns to gun down the Graveseekers real quick like. On a random note, the Buoyant One's constant homing magic seems near impossible to continuously dodge being stuck with Sanford and Deimos' "dive-to-prone" tier dodge when also trying to attack the Graveseekers.

Funny enough I only completed Flood Control when it came out and somehow managed to defeat Jorge and Church my first try. Something that in previous levels would take me at least two tries when ever they were a boss. I think the most optimal way is to make use of melee as well as any guns you have on hand and defeat Church first as Jorge's weapon does not do nearly as much damage as he does. Plus I believe Jorge stays stationary the entire fight while Church spears your ass with his trident then does a weird Hadoken ball attack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way fun fact on Crackpot's boss fight: You can actually skip killing the Graveseekers if you knock off his first corpus block with grenades. As he is programmed to respond to that as well as the killing of the two big guys. Be forewarned if you do this you now have two Graveseekers, Crackpot, Zeds and numerous bandits gunning to pound you into a chew toy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Audanti'sshitposts said:

Funny enough I only completed Flood Control when it came out and somehow managed to defeat Jorge and Church my first try. Something that in previous levels would take me at least two tries when ever they were a boss. I think the most optimal way is to make use of melee as well as any guns you have on hand and defeat Church first as Jorge's weapon does not do nearly as much damage as he does. Plus I believe Jorge stays stationary the entire fight while Church spears your ass with his trident then does a weird Hadoken ball attack. 

I had a feeling that the proper method would be something along those lines, Church sits around dealing all the damage while Jorge just kinda... covers you in sludge and is really impolite.

I didn't even think about trying to lob grenades at Crackpot while he was up in his podium, though yeah dealing with him on foot while the Graveseekers are still wandering about doesn't sound too fun~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×