Capt. Latrios

Is there a reason all the automatic weapons fire three round bursts when you just want to fire one or two shots?

It's just something I've noticed, and I think it's weird. A Bren Gun, last I checked, wasn't capable of such things, but I'd much prefer being able to control my rate of fire myself.

I've always seen the suitability of using bursts of ammo with automatic weapons, but I'd much rather dictate that myself rather than be forced into it. Holding the mound button down for full auto works fine. But unless I get hit or the weapon runs out of ammo, I can never fire less than three rounds, which isn't ideal when a grunt or agent goes down in only one.

• Like 1

Considering that pistols also suffer a similar issue (Hold fire and you'll fire another round when you let go) I'm gonna assume this is some kinda bug, perhaps some kinda feature for a weapon that accidentally got applied to everything.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mr.Krinkels said:

If you're trying to conserve ammo the problem is that I'm not giving you enough guns :v hmmmm

Definitely need more guns, especially on those level Flood Control and Chasms ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Mr.Krinkels said:

If you're trying to conserve ammo the problem is that I'm not giving you enough guns :v hmmmm

Well it's less that and more if I've got three bullets there's one guy left who's something minor like a grunt, I'd rather be able to just shoot him once, so that way in the next room I can shoot the last two at some other guy before wedging the gun firmly in the face of the third guy. Because sometimes I wanna appreciate a gun I haven't seen before.

Also I just don't like burst fire. X3

Still, that's really strange that all guns fire three rounds. Making several weapons fire bursts is reasonable, in my opinion, however giving us more guns sounds good too.

I’d certainly prefer to carefully watch each shot I use when dealing with zeds. Fighting them in groups of more than two in melee combat is a nightmare 

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2019 at 12:23 AM, Capt. Latrios said:

Can we at least get the option to turn that burst firing off or something?

If they don't change it with the next update, I'll be surprised. I mean I always thought the Merc H Rifle was supposed to be a marksman rifle dealeo, but now it fires in bursts.

Edited by Zandermanith

We got an idea for changing it from burst to single via weapon modding; an arena thing, but hey we're sizing up tweaks as we get this game where it needs to be. Big thanks for all the input, of course.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Mr.Krinkels said:

We got an idea for changing it from burst to single via weapon modding; an arena thing, but hey we're sizing up tweaks as we get this game where it needs to be. Big thanks for all the input, of course.

Have you considered at least making some smaller-magged weapons fire in two round bursts? Like the 20-round rifles, which currently only fire six bursts followed up by a partial burst. Kinda like how the Minigun has a massive 500 rounds to work with and fires in bursts of 10, just like, on the other end of things.

Edited by Zandermanith

On 6/18/2019 at 7:04 PM, Zandermanith said:

Have you considered at least making some smaller-magged weapons fire in two round bursts? Like the 20-round rifles, which currently only fire six bursts followed up by a partial burst. Kinda like how the Minigun has a massive 500 rounds to work with and fires in bursts of 10, just like, on the other end of things.

the minigun is designed to be OP, so that ain't getting touched. Frankly I feel it's less a matter of making the burst relative to the size of the magazine (a good example of this is the merc L rifle, whose efficacy is really limited in the best way by the bursting. It's designed to be inferior to other, more robust weapon systems so that the continuum of firepower can feel broader) 

Well at least it's an authentic Madness experience, I mean when do you see Madness guys carefully tap firing with full auto weapons?