Sign in to follow this  
Saltypretzel

Arena mode suggestion

Posted (edited)

I have been having tremendous fun with Arena mode lately, but there has been a consistent (and pretty much the only) problem that has been bugging me.

There are several ways to permanently loose weapons that you bring into stages, and this really lowers the fun potential of stages when I suddenly have to micro-manage all the weapons that me and my squad-mates have.

For instance, to keep all of the weapons I bring to battle, I have to forcefully keep at-least one of these above just simply enjoying the action:

• Having to purposefully handicap myself by keeping an ammo-less gun on me after it is all spent, since I have a chance of permanently loosing it if I drop/throw it.
  • Being too scared to pick anything up in-case I loose my main weapon(s) when the stage ends.
  • Having to worry about squad-mates dying with valuable weapons and keeping an empty slot JUST to pick up their weapons, or in-case they just straight up drop/throw them for some reason.
  • Having to force myself to keep my main weapon in my secondary slot when I'm low on Corpus, since if I die I loose that weapon permanently.

This makes it excessively annoying when you just want to go in guns-blazing, but you don't feel like loosing your extremely expensive/hard to find/perfectly modded weapon forever.

I was wondering if there was a system that could be implemented so that you and squad-mates each are allowed to have 1 personal weapon (akimbos would count as 1 too) that cannot be lost during stages. (if they die, drop it or throw it, it would be put back in their stash/the storage box at the end of the stage) This could be optional, so if some people prefer the challenge or just don't care, they could disable it.

For me, this would vastly improve Arena mode, since I could spend more time getting into the Madness, and less time spending a ton of money on the exact mod combo I had on a gun, or farming a particular stage to get a particular weapon (possibly several times if you want to gear out your squad after a beat-down). And yes, I understand it degrades the challenge, but I personally like the collection aspect of the game far more than the challenge of permanently loosing your cool stuff because you died to something or left it on the ground for a minute. And hey, if it could be made optional, there wouldn't be that much reason to complain about it since you could simply disable it.

Edited by Saltypretzel
Removing a wrongful assumption involving throwing weapons.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Saltypretzel said:

I have been having tremendous fun with Arena mode lately, but there has been a consistent (and pretty much the only) problem that has been bugging me.

There are several ways to permanently loose weapons that you bring into stages, and this really lowers the fun potential of stages when I suddenly have to micro-manage all the weapons that me and my squad-mates have.

For instance, to keep all of the weapons I bring to battle, I have to forcefully keep at-least one of these above just simply enjoying the action:

• Having to purposefully handicap myself by keeping an ammo-less gun on me after it is all spent, since I have a chance of permanently loosing it if I drop/throw it.
  • Being too scared to pick anything up in-case I loose my main weapon(s) when the stage ends.
  • Having to constantly watch throwing knives/axes and keep them on '1' so I don't permanently loose them. (they regen after stages if you don't throw them all)
  • Having to worry about squad-mates dying with valuable weapons and keeping an empty slot JUST to pick up their weapons, or in-case they just straight up drop/throw them for some reason.
  • Having to force myself to keep my main weapon in my secondary slot when I'm low on Corpus, since if I die I loose that weapon permanently.

This makes it excessively annoying when you just want to go in guns-blazing, but you don't feel like loosing your extremely expensive/hard to find/perfectly modded weapon forever.

I was wondering if there was a system that could be implemented so that you and squad-mates each are allowed to have 1 personal weapon (akimbos would count as 1 too) that cannot be lost during stages. (if they die, drop it or throw it, it would be put back in their stash/the storage box at the end of the stage) This could be optional, so if some people prefer the challenge or just don't care, they could disable it.

For me, this would vastly improve Arena mode, since I could spend more time getting into the Madness, and less time spending a ton of money on the exact mod combo I had on a gun, or farming a particular stage to get a particular weapon (possibly several times if you want to gear out your squad after a beat-down). And yes, I understand it degrades the challenge, but I personally like the collection aspect of the game far more than the challenge of permanently loosing your cool stuff because you died to something or left it on the ground for a minute. And hey, if it could be made optional, there wouldn't be that much reason to complain about it since you could simply disable it.

I whole heartily agree with this suggestion. Though I will admit to never having a problem with losing my throwables I can throw them all to zero and they still regen after a stage. But I do worry about losing my FNC rifle or Dragon Slayer sword when doing arena levels especially MR3 that is the WORST level to lose weapons on. I can't tell you the times my squadmates have bumbled their way into the spike pit and cost me a pretty penny since I have to outfit them again.  

12 hours ago, Audanti'sshitposts said:

I whole heartily agree with this suggestion. Though I will admit to never having a problem with losing my throwables I can throw them all to zero and they still regen after a stage. But I do worry about losing my FNC rifle or Dragon Slayer sword when doing arena levels especially MR3 that is the WORST level to lose weapons on. I can't tell you the times my squadmates have bumbled their way into the spike pit and cost me a pretty penny since I have to outfit them again.  

Ah, I wrongfully assumed that throwables would disappear after you've thrown them all. My bad. I've rarely used them, so it seemed logical for the weapon itself to disappear after you've thrown all of them and simply never risked it. I'll remove that part of the argument now that I know I don't have to micro those anymore.

• Thanks 1

They do normally disappear when equipped to your primary or secondary slots, but if the throwables are equipped to your grenade slot then they will regen every game.

• Like 1