Capt. Latrios

bug Unable to attack or switch characters in mission (v1.12a)

Posted (edited)

Was excited to start the new available missions after transferring my save over, only to find that I can't shoot, switch characters, or even pommel strike. With either mission. Best I can manage is swapping weapons.

Hitting restart hasn't helped, neither has exiting and trying another mission (or trying the same mission again) I was perfectly capable of shooting in the overworld, but I am simply unable to do anything. Aside from that defensive parry move you do when you roll the mouse wheel.

Update; It seems that (presumably) near the end of Hank and Sanford's part of the mission, the outside area near the second helipad and the terminal that sanford can't hack, the ability to fire weapons or actively attack in any way is again lost, which is a shame, because i wanted to try out the new bren gun that I'd found.

And while not directly related, I feel I may as well mention it; how the heck is Christoff supposed to get at that keycard? Summon it over? Because it's not highlighting when it appears, and the robot's not picking it up 😕

Edited by Capt. Latrios
Newer, more problematic version of the issue

1 hour ago, Capt. Latrios said:

Was excited to start the new available missions after transferring my save over, only to find that I can't shoot, switch characters, or even pommel strike. With either mission. Best I can manage is swapping weapons.

Hitting restart hasn't helped, neither has exiting and trying another mission (or trying the same mission again) I was perfectly capable of shooting in the overworld, but I am simply unable to do anything. Aside from that defensive parry move you do when you roll the mouse wheel.

😕

Check the controls on startup. image.png.233145a92dde882977aef2eff749afd0.png I think that the change teammate, reload, and execute moves have to be remapped.

Yeah, I've since done that, and switch squadmember has changed to ctrl (Though the binds list won't say that)

And i've found that you're able to attack after getting to the next room, but for the first room *on both missions* you can't attack and need to wait for your squadmember to kill everyone first.

• Thanks 1