Mateusz

bug Still going

isnt it amazing that they still havent found a way to allow you to walk into the arena as larger character but hey the rest of the game kinda needs to suffer in order to finish the story and then maybe there'll be a day one patch before or after its release

• Dislike 2

6 hours ago, giroexspress said:

isnt it amazing that they still havent found a way to allow you to walk into the arena as larger character but hey the rest of the game kinda needs to suffer in order to finish the story and then maybe there'll be a day one patch before or after its release

And is it not amazing that while they are more or less a two man development team with Krinkles handing the building of the world while Swain tackles the coding. People like you are complaining over a trivial item such as large characters clipping through the door way of Interactive Mode. Something which need I remind you was not necessary to add to the game nor was it really planned either. And while it does have issues alongside Arena these two men are trying their best to produce a quality product. And have had to deal with numerous set-backs and design changes over the years as well as the occasional group of pirates attempting to undermine their hard work and steal illegally the fruit of the labor they have poured into this project.

As hard as the delays and as frustrating the time it takes to produce fixes for the other modes it is only pragmatic they focus on the most important part of the experience that being the story. Sure the story itself is not Pulitzer Prize worthy with Krinkles himself acknowledging how it complicates and flat out contradicts established lore elements. Then again Madness never really had much of a plot either outside of what the fandom thought and head-canon. It is also important to work on story first as not only will that be the first place new players logically gravitate towards further cementing the need to ensure each and every level and feature is optimal. Story just like Arena and Interactive share similar bugs in terms of computer player path-finding as well as character and object clipping not to mention some unique bugs exclusive to the mode. 

If they can fix those areas of contention in Story then that means they will have an easier path when it comes to applying the fixes to Arena and Interactive. Does it blow that Arena has been on the backburner for the past several months now outside of some minor updates as well as the lack of care on Interactive? Yes it does especially with the use of the cheat engine and save file swapping meaning if people want they can burn themselves out quicker by seeing and interacting with all the content at a quicker pace than normal. Not against the use of either method as they can be very beneficial in finding bugs. Not to mention they really do enhance the quality of the experience and help ease long time players back in including when said players lose their save and have to rely on the progress of someone else saving them the trouble of having to go through each and every area again. 

I do not mean to sound rude nor do I mean to bore you with such a lengthy statement. Just feel I should get this off my chest as I see people quick to complain over all the issues this game has and more often than not they bring up things like minor bugs, things from the wiki or Kickstarter that no longer apply or were radically changed and they just like to deride the game as being "too easy and the devs pandering to the lowest common denominator". All the while never really offering any real means of constructive improvement other than "Hurr me not like this because of bug or enemy not a bullet sponge". If you want to play a game with a lazily and bullshit difficulty selection where the enemies are arbitrarily enhanced and in larger number and do four times the damage while soaking up more damage than a Sham Wow during a Californian drought. Then I would suggest a triple A title in the vein of Wolfenstein the New Colossus. 

TL:DR If you are going to complain at least do it where more people can see it and try to vary it other than minor bug or belief we are still following the Kickstarter model. By the way we almost never had the game thanks to some dickhead making false pledges.   

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Audanti'sshitposts said:

And is it not amazing that while they are more or less a two man development team with Krinkles handing the building of the world while Swain tackles the coding. People like you are complaining over a trivial item such as large characters clipping through the door way of Interactive Mode. Something which need I remind you was not necessary to add to the game nor was it really planned either. And while it does have issues alongside Arena these two men are trying their best to produce a quality product. And have had to deal with numerous set-backs and design changes over the years as well as the occasional group of pirates attempting to undermine their hard work and steal illegally the fruit of the labor they have poured into this project.

As hard as the delays and as frustrating the time it takes to produce fixes for the other modes it is only pragmatic they focus on the most important part of the experience that being the story. Sure the story itself is not Pulitzer Prize worthy with Krinkles himself acknowledging how it complicates and flat out contradicts established lore elements. Then again Madness never really had much of a plot either outside of what the fandom thought and head-canon. It is also important to work on story first as not only will that be the first place new players logically gravitate towards further cementing the need to ensure each and every level and feature is optimal. Story just like Arena and Interactive share similar bugs in terms of computer player path-finding as well as character and object clipping not to mention some unique bugs exclusive to the mode. 

If they can fix those areas of contention in Story then that means they will have an easier path when it comes to applying the fixes to Arena and Interactive. Does it blow that Arena has been on the backburner for the past several months now outside of some minor updates as well as the lack of care on Interactive? Yes it does especially with the use of the cheat engine and save file swapping meaning if people want they can burn themselves out quicker by seeing and interacting with all the content at a quicker pace than normal. Not against the use of either method as they can be very beneficial in finding bugs. Not to mention they really do enhance the quality of the experience and help ease long time players back in including when said players lose their save and have to rely on the progress of someone else saving them the trouble of having to go through each and every area again. 

I do not mean to sound rude nor do I mean to bore you with such a lengthy statement. Just feel I should get this off my chest as I see people quick to complain over all the issues this game has and more often than not they bring up things like minor bugs, things from the wiki or Kickstarter that no longer apply or were radically changed and they just like to deride the game as being "too easy and the devs pandering to the lowest common denominator". All the while never really offering any real means of constructive improvement other than "Hurr me not like this because of bug or enemy not a bullet sponge". If you want to play a game with a lazily and bullshit difficulty selection where the enemies are arbitrarily enhanced and in larger number and do four times the damage while soaking up more damage than a Sham Wow during a Californian drought. Then I would suggest a triple A title in the vein of Wolfenstein the New Colossus. 

TL:DR If you are going to complain at least do it where more people can see it and try to vary it other than minor bug or belief we are still following the Kickstarter model. By the way we almost never had the game thanks to some dickhead making false pledges.   

Hey ill have you know i read this and it reminded me of a thing that has always been a problem since you could become mag agents (or was it anything larger than a mag agent) and i posted it to the thread that reminded me of it. the game is in beta and updates fuck shit up doesnt matter that its a two man or one man team if the update makes the beta less fun than its worth talking about and im perfectly aware about the shit involving the story they constantly say that the priority is to FINISH THE STORY so of course minor bugs that dont prevent you from finishing the story will fall by the wayside but I DIDNT GET THE GAME FOR THE STORY i want to run around doin shit with a bunch a randos doin bullshit and the updates kinda mess that up every so often.   i want them to fix shit tell us what they change and for the game to be out but im not exactly gonna force anyone for shit (not that i could) so ill say shit that urks me about the game in places i deam it appropriate and i dont need you spouting about shit any backer would already be aware of

3 hours ago, giroexspress said:

Hey ill have you know i read this and it reminded me of a thing that has always been a problem since you could become mag agents (or was it anything larger than a mag agent) and i posted it to the thread that reminded me of it. the game is in beta and updates fuck shit up doesnt matter that its a two man or one man team if the update makes the beta less fun than its worth talking about and im perfectly aware about the shit involving the story they constantly say that the priority is to FINISH THE STORY so of course minor bugs that dont prevent you from finishing the story will fall by the wayside but I DIDNT GET THE GAME FOR THE STORY i want to run around doin shit with a bunch a randos doin bullshit and the updates kinda mess that up every so often.   i want them to fix shit tell us what they change and for the game to be out but im not exactly gonna force anyone for shit (not that i could) so ill say shit that urks me about the game in places i deam it appropriate and i dont need you spouting about shit any backer would already be aware of

They maintain a changelog that can be viewed here. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-2DnfdeQAMM7G5M6bii5w1iHWKJByy32Ny2L0K3ZYVg/edit#gid=0 Both the Swain and Krinkles maintain this document and it lists every change that comes with each update as well as their progress on the final story levels. And this log will also more than likely be used for the numerous Arena and Interactive fixes. Not to mention both this place and CRM usually have not only bug lists but also you might find some fixes occasionally from other players.

As for my "shit" as you so eloquently put it I admit maybe a came off a little heavy handed I start typing and when I get stopping suddenly I'm looking at something like my response. That being said I can easily counter the argument of "I didn't get this game for the story only for Arena with rando AI." Rather easily because I will admit I did not get this game for Arena or Interactive at all. In fact I largely abstained playing through Arena outside of a few times because I found it to be more of a chore rather than an engaging game mode especially the amount of bugs and problems I kept hearing about. It wasn't until story mode came about and I had some time to play that I really started enjoying the game more and as a result started to get into Arena and found it was not so bad give or take I missed out on some weapons and items. But it was not as buggy as people said it was and I seemed to have struck gold with my teammates as their AI is actually intelligent meaning they can fight.

In fact real reason I made my initial response is I interpreted you  as just trash talking the devs for the fact updates break the beta. And given your current response I have to say no shit Sherlock. Of course each new update breaks the game that is the hassle of being a programmer for every bug or feature you fix in a game expect fifty or more things to break or to create new bugs. Do I also need to remind you that the Kickstarter money ran dry years ago? Or the fact they shut down the Paypal for preorders a good three or four months back? Meaning every month this game does not come out that is less money they have to work with. 

And before you say "Oh Krank can make money via Youtube or Patreon." Let me stop you right there. All of Krinkel's MC episodes have been demonetized on his channel and even if they were not the amount of money he would get anyways would be pretty pitiful as he is not making videos for views he makes them because he enjoys it. As for Patreon well you have to have people to actually be willing to give you money on there. And I'm not sure if you know this but MC as a fanbase and community has always been on the small side something PN2 and MC11 will hopefully change. 

Speaking of which what exactly is stopping you from playing Arena? I'm pretty sure all the maps are functioning and you can go grind MR3 or 4 or whatever. Not to mention I am certain that the latest update more or less fixed the slide glitch. And as for the Interactive MAG Agent clipping well just have to tough it out for now.

33 minutes ago, Audanti'sshitposts said:

They maintain a changelog that can be viewed here. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-2DnfdeQAMM7G5M6bii5w1iHWKJByy32Ny2L0K3ZYVg/edit#gid=0 Both the Swain and Krinkles maintain this document and it lists every change that comes with each update as well as their progress on the final story levels. And this log will also more than likely be used for the numerous Arena and Interactive fixes. Not to mention both this place and CRM usually have not only bug lists but also you might find some fixes occasionally from other players.

As for my "shit" as you so eloquently put it I admit maybe a came off a little heavy handed I start typing and when I get stopping suddenly I'm looking at something like my response. That being said I can easily counter the argument of "I didn't get this game for the story only for Arena with rando AI." Rather easily because I will admit I did not get this game for Arena or Interactive at all. In fact I largely abstained playing through Arena outside of a few times because I found it to be more of a chore rather than an engaging game mode especially the amount of bugs and problems I kept hearing about. It wasn't until story mode came about and I had some time to play that I really started enjoying the game more and as a result started to get into Arena and found it was not so bad give or take I missed out on some weapons and items. But it was not as buggy as people said it was and I seemed to have struck gold with my teammates as their AI is actually intelligent meaning they can fight.

In fact real reason I made my initial response is I interpreted you  as just trash talking the devs for the fact updates break the beta. And given your current response I have to say no shit Sherlock. Of course each new update breaks the game that is the hassle of being a programmer for every bug or feature you fix in a game expect fifty or more things to break or to create new bugs. Do I also need to remind you that the Kickstarter money ran dry years ago? Or the fact they shut down the Paypal for preorders a good three or four months back? Meaning every month this game does not come out that is less money they have to work with. 

And before you say "Oh Krank can make money via Youtube or Patreon." Let me stop you right there. All of Krinkel's MC episodes have been demonetized on his channel and even if they were not the amount of money he would get anyways would be pretty pitiful as he is not making videos for views he makes them because he enjoys it. As for Patreon well you have to have people to actually be willing to give you money on there. And I'm not sure if you know this but MC as a fanbase and community has always been on the small side something PN2 and MC11 will hopefully change. 

Speaking of which what exactly is stopping you from playing Arena? I'm pretty sure all the maps are functioning and you can go grind MR3 or 4 or whatever. Not to mention I am certain that the latest update more or less fixed the slide glitch. And as for the Interactive MAG Agent clipping well just have to tough it out for now.

ok 1:thanks for posting the change log couldnt find it to save my life and 2: again one of the last things i said was that you are saying things about this situation that anyone with two brain-cells to rub together would understand but at the end of the day i came for character customization and when an update for the game breaks the flow of what i came to play (ie the bug were when you try to do the 'slide grab' weapon pickup you get frozen in place and cant move until you get blasted by an explosive, lose a corpus, or get heavy hit on your back by a mag agent) also you cant counter my 'i came for the arena' because I CAME FOR THE ARENA i am talking about things that affect parts of the game im interested in and while i know THEY WILL FIX MANY OF THESE BUGS EITHER AFTER THEY FINISH THE STORY OR AFTER ITS RELEASE but that ist making this go away and every problem i find is another one they need to fix. i dont expect them to pull money out of a hat i fuckin waited this long for yellow fuckin glasses and leather shoulder pads to make my character look like trash i can wait for the game to be finished but that aint gonna stop me from talking about things that are wrong/bizarre/not to my liking. also nothing is stopping me from playing arena its the fact that because i got all the perks for weapon pickups if a gun is 0.23cm outside a nebulous zone around my character he will powerslide over to it and pick it up and as of 1.10a&b thats an instant 'lose a life' so i have to break up the action to tip-toe over to the right weapon making sure not to fuckup my weapon throw and endup trying to picking up a gun to the detriment of my health its not fun (but its madness you fuckin expect me to not play this? what are you a psycho?)

4 minutes ago, giroexspress said:

ok 1:thanks for posting the change log couldnt find it to save my life and 2: again one of the last things i said was that you are saying things about this situation that anyone with two brain-cells to rub together would understand but at the end of the day i came for character customization and when an update for the game breaks the flow of what i came to play (ie the bug were when you try to do the 'slide grab' weapon pickup you get frozen in place and cant move until you get blasted by an explosive, lose a corpus, or get heavy hit on your back by a mag agent) also you cant counter my 'i came for the arena' because I CAME FOR THE ARENA i am talking about things that affect parts of the game im interested in and while i know THEY WILL FIX MANY OF THESE BUGS EITHER AFTER THEY FINISH THE STORY OR AFTER ITS RELEASE but that ist making this go away and every problem i find is another one they need to fix. i dont expect them to pull money out of a hat i fuckin waited this long for yellow fuckin glasses and leather shoulder pads to make my character look like trash i can wait for the game to be finished but that aint gonna stop me from talking about things that are wrong/bizarre/not to my liking. also nothing is stopping me from playing arena its the fact that because i got all the perks for weapon pickups if a gun is 0.23cm outside a nebulous zone around my character he will powerslide over to it and pick it up and as of 1.10a&b thats an instant 'lose a life' so i have to break up the action to tip-toe over to the right weapon making sure not to fuckup my weapon throw and endup trying to picking up a gun to the detriment of my health its not fun (but its madness you fuckin expect me to not play this? what are you a psycho?)

The only psychotic thing I've done so far is keep this conversation going. Just going to end it here and agree to disagree. At least I ended up helping out with the changelog link so my effort was not entirely wasted. Have a pleasant day.

• Like 1