Strangerj

Steel and Dynamite [RP]

“More like.... radical Russian satanists, I guess? You should be able to handle yourself. If not, we can call in another unit. Keep looking, I’ll keep digging. If you want, I’ll explain them to you.”

"I believe an explanation would be in order first. So that I know exactly how to fight them if I happen to run into one. Wait radical Russian satanists? Shit why does it always have to be Russians? And they just had to be the radical type."

On 1/21/2019 at 10:04 PM, Audanti'sshitposts said:

"I believe an explanation would be in order first. So that I know exactly how to fight them if I happen to run into one. Wait radical Russian satanists? Shit why does it always have to be Russians? And they just had to be the radical type."

“It’s a long story.” Daniel coughs. “Back in 1871, a stream of comets was observed by a Russian astronomer, Vasily Konstantin. They were projected to hit Earth, and wipe out all life by a friend of his... named Petrov. That’s the only record we have of the man. The comets passed peacefully, and something within Konstantin snapped. Call it unfulfilled prophecies of fate, or disappointment, but he began research into the occult. Nothing wrong with that, until he stumbled upon the Black Maniscript. Also known as the Book of Night, this book contains all the nice rituals you’ll need to destroy the world in a demonic hellscape. So he started a religion, as you do. Went and got three buddies to help him- called them the Eternal Council. They were Petrov, Artyom Konstantin, and David Greenwood. Three Russians, and one American. The Astronomer, Konstantin, the Preacher, Petrov, the Traitor, Artyom, and the Traveler, David. The people behind the names change, as the originals are all dead, but the names are always the same. Artyom betrayed his brother, like Cain to Abel, and was cast from his position, and killed by David. Since then, they’ve been trying to bring about the end times. So far, they haven’t made much progress. But this is new.”

"So this all started because somebody was angry that his doomsday prediction failed. And instead of carrying on like a normal human he just went batshit insane and duped people into joining a murder cult he created? Shit people really are crazy. Well thanks for the crash course in that I am going to have a look around the area now." Giving his teammate a wave he decided to scan the room looking for a place to go next. 

You see the town. It’s the same as when you entered. There’s nothing much on the roof, except some leaves and ash. You get the feeling the roof is the more useless of the locations.

"Ah the night is still young. Besides I bet places like the hospital are full of em." Popping the top on the can he takes a swing then broaches a question. "So if you were one of these cultists where exactly would you set up a dark ritual that will destroy the world as we know it? In this small little town specifically."

“Church. Holy buildings are always a target. Think about it. All that holy energy condensed and bam! Magical conduit!”

He huffed "Should have figured they would have chose the most obvious location. Then again much better they choose the reliable method rather than get creative and try to summon the Devil from a booking cell in the police station. How fast could we leg it to the church?" He shifted from foot to foot ready to sprint.

“Hold your horses. It ain’t gonna blow up yet. Those things take time. Whaddya say we check on Sei and Eleanor?”

“Make the redhead work, eh?” He chuckles, heading downstairs. “Hey, Misaki, Hawkins, found anything?”

”No. A locked door, wanna try picking it?”

”Nah, I ain’t feeling too lucky. How about you, Zimmerman?”

The lock is new, shiny and very tough looking. You might be able to shoot it open, but picking it seems hard.

(You’ll need a 55 roll to shoot open the door, and a 70 roll to pick the lock.)

He grins as he gets to work. Sure shooting might have been more exciting but the feeling of unlocking the tumblers in the lock itself and having the door swing open was more of a challenge as well as a source of pride for the former detective.
(Roll 65 taken from Roll20. Apologies for the long wait I've been fighting a battle with Depression as well as attempting to catch up on overdue course work and had to take a leave of absence from Discord for a while due to drama and fighting. Hopefully now that I have made this post it would have been worth the wait.)

image.png.7e1605d17495b0e62a86f4b9f8bee4ce.png

The lock clicks, clicks, and stays shut. Want to try again? Alternatively, you could shoot the lock.

(No worries, man.)

• Like 1

So the lock wanted to do this the hard way? He give an exaggerated sigh as a narrow grin split his face. drawing a handgun from his left holster and aiming it at the lock he decided to try out a one-liner. "I hope your creator kept the mold you were made from." As he pulled the trigger. 

image.png.a721cb6dc27e1919d0c28032b13cc156.png

(Rolled a 55 from Roll20.net)

The bullet strikes true, and thankfully the lock is weakened enough to crack open. You hear... something. Not breathing, but something like it. “Guns up, folks.”

"Shit hitting the fan then?" The Detective inquires as he stands up and ensures that he is grasping both of his pistols now freed from the confines of his holsters to once again spit out lead. "Not sure what is making that noise but if there are crazy doomsday satanists around, then I imagine whoever is out there didn't come to welcome travelers." 

“Likely not.” Matt kicks open the door, revealing three... figures. They are seemingly coated in ash and soot, and are holding knives. Sei and Eleanor raise their rifles and take aim as one lumbers toward you. The shots crack out, the creature jerks, falls, and the other two turn to you.

COMBAT: Initiated.

Ashen Blade 1: 100/100HP

Ashen Blade 2: 100/100HP

Checkmate: 100/100HP

Knight: 100/100HP

Bishop: 100/100HP

King: 100/100HP

Detective: 100/100HP

(Combat is simple. Roll for attacks, dodges, etc. Best of luck.)