Sign in to follow this  
Luke

Scenic Route: A part that takes way too long (or a bug)

So on the Scenic Route level, a couple rooms after you beat the Mag Bandit, and just after the room with the dinner bells, there is a T shaped room with a spike door directly ahead of you, and a dead end corridor with a grated switch. There are a few zeds here, but endless waves of Swamp Zed will come out 4 at a time from the pipes in the roof. They didn't stop coming out for at least 8 minutes, the grated switch never opened, before I tried killing all of them as fast as possible. I managed to kill all of them so there were no more zeds after about 2 minutes of trying, and symbol in the upper right flashed green for about 0.3 seconds, and the grate opened (and stayed open), before another wave of zed spawned in.

On 9/16/2018 at 9:03 AM, Zandermanith said:

Look beyond the spike door, there perhaps may be something you need to interact with! Perhaps with a long range method of sorts~

Ok I'm going to take this as meaning I'm an idiot and I missed a really obvious generator that you have to shoot behind the spikes lol?

3 hours ago, Luke said:

Ok I'm going to take this as meaning I'm an idiot and I missed a really obvious generator that you have to shoot behind the spikes lol?

Oh not to worry, I missed it my first time through as well! Did have fun fighting zombies for several minutes though, not gonna lie~

We actually had to add those sparks and the CAUTION! tape just to make it more obvious. We thought those big power lines leading from the generator to the lever fence would be enough :X

1 hour ago, The Swain said:

We actually had to add those sparks and the CAUTION! tape just to make it more obvious. We thought those big power lines leading from the generator to the lever fence would be enough :X

I think it is obvious enough, it's just that inevitably some people aren't gonna notice even the obvious, haha. I think I personally just got too into beating up swamp Zeds and just kinda ended up realizing maybe it was going on for a bit too long.

I think what might help there isn't to make the solution more obvious, so much as to make the fact that there's even a puzzle there more obvious. I know what it's like in point-and-click adventure games where you get to a room and see you're stuck and think you just haven't found the right item for the job yet, when in fact you're right where you need to be and just havent tried something yet.

If we make it more clear that you're SUPPOSED to be solving a puzzle, it might work better.