Mr.Krinkels

Firearms you'd like to see in the project nexus

On 8/6/2018 at 5:10 PM, ]H p S t R] aliasMAXIMA said:

Sniper rifles wouldn't be good.

imo as long as it isn't a hassle to be made (and i doubt that's the case), not being totally viable all the time isn't grounds to not make it.  As someone who regularly cycles shit from the ground into their arsenal, having diverse utility available is extremely valuable;  The five seven is the better choice is most situations, but grabbing a SW 500 off the ground and popping a support with it saves a lot of headache, even if you'll just toss it afterwards.

In regards to enemies, I think adding more dedicated snipers would actually make the game much more fun.  MERC snipers are honestly almost entirely irrelevant given whenever they have a sniper rifle they only ever pose a threat for a few seconds at a time.  Adding lower-powered, higher capacity and faster snipers not only makes fighting them a more diversified experience, but also gives some excuses to put them in the hands of enemies who aren't necessarily dedicated snipers (i.e. engineers)

and even if they're still total garbage I still want them.  fuck me bolt actions are fun, especially when used improperly.

3 hours ago, SuspiciousHotDogVendor said:

Dont we have enough fast bullet spitters (smgs) already? <4 now atleast>

frankly the bullet hoses available to us rn have fairly anemic fire rates compared to what they reach irl.  I'm hoping we'll see them revisited, but regardless there's plenty more room for that class of weapon.  There's three grip-mag smgs and a vector, lots of variety that can be explored, especially ones that pack a punch or are even smaller.

2 hours ago, Mezzelo said:

imo as long as it isn't a hassle to be made (and i doubt that's the case), not being totally viable all the time isn't grounds to not make it.  As someone who regularly cycles shit from the ground into their arsenal, having diverse utility available is extremely valuable;  The five seven is the better choice is most situations, but grabbing a SW 500 off the ground and popping a support with it saves a lot of headache, even if you'll just toss it afterwards.

In regards to enemies, I think adding more dedicated snipers would actually make the game much more fun.  MERC snipers are honestly almost entirely irrelevant given whenever they have a sniper rifle they only ever pose a threat for a few seconds at a time.  Adding lower-powered, higher capacity and faster snipers not only makes fighting them a more diversified experience, but also gives some excuses to put them in the hands of enemies who aren't necessarily dedicated snipers (i.e. engineers)

and even if they're still total garbage I still want them.  fuck me bolt actions are fun, especially when used improperly.

frankly the bullet hoses available to us rn have fairly anemic fire rates compared to what they reach irl.  I'm hoping we'll see them revisited, but regardless there's plenty more room for that class of weapon.  There's three grip-mag smgs and a vector, lots of variety that can be explored, especially ones that pack a punch or are even smaller.

Mixing game logic with real life is never good idea , also i would love to see some sort of tesla coil rifles

4 hours ago, Mezzelo said:

Can't disagree with you there. The Buffalo from BL2 is a prime example; popping heads with that rifle felt 10x more satisfying than it would with a basic bitch Jakobs rifle. And hey, at the end of the day, the more guns, the better.

I'm a bit of a min-maxer, however, so viability plays a factor in how much I'd want to use a specific weapon. The use cases for S&W 500's are vanishingly slim, so I seldom pick it up-- the niche it fills is fulfilled much better by shotguns. I just hope that isn't the same case for any snipers that Krinkels plans to add in. It'd be a shame if they were fun to use, but not potent (kinda like how aforementioned Buffalo falls off hard in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode).

13 minutes ago, raidenslicer said:

auto shotties like a striker.

Strikers exist in the game right now in the form of the Nevadean Blaster. They're not fully auto, though; you'll have to grab a Nevadean Bulldozer/AA12 to satisfy that itch.

Another thing, we have semi auto, break action, pump action, automatic, will we ever get burst fire? Since most modern rifles come with selective fire, semi to auto or semi to burst.

9 hours ago, SuspiciousHotDogVendor said:

Mixing game logic with real life is never good idea

Less a complaint about realism and more about diversity.  Most of the automatics in game have a really standard 600-750 RPM iirc so they all sort of blend together in terms of ROF, even though a good amount of them go up to 900-1000.  I don't get a sense of the "hectic rate of fire" claimed by the description, or see why I would pick any of them over the NK33 when they barely fire any faster.

quick aside, life is often a great place to look for inspiration on how to implement and systemize interactions with games - players find things easier and more intuitive when systems are designed around their natural reactions and initial conclusions as opposed to learning more abstract systems.

You know, this might be a strange one because of the history behind it, but i'll say it anyway. The H&K G-11 assault rifle. Even though the gun takes unconventional ammo, it could still work. Or perhaps the Type 94 Nambu pistol. Which could or could not have a 5% chance to accidentally discharge as you draw it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Agent Sanderson said:

You know, this might be a strange one because of the history behind it, but i'll say it anyway. The H&K G-11 assault rifle. Even though the gun takes unconventional ammo, it could still work. Or perhaps the Type 94 Nambu pistol. Which could or could not have a 5% chance to accidentally discharge as you draw it.

one of my qualms with weapons that fire caseless ammunition is that you lose out on that sweet outpour of brass.

On 8/8/2018 at 3:21 AM, Rakshal said:

Would love to see Škorpion vz. 61 tbh.

It would essentially function as a slower, weaker tec9.  And I'm not against that.  A weapon like that would be a nuanced addition to the flavor of firearms in this game, not really bringing anything that feels too different. Not a bad thing, and is something I am certainly going to be adding.  The first handful of new firearms going into this game is going to be very slavic.

On 9/13/2018 at 2:52 AM, MoonlapseVertigo said:

I know we have quite a few Assault Rifles, but having a G36c equivalent would be really cool.

Yes. The number of assault rifles could grow. Hell, maybe do the barrels like the AK and AR, where there are short, medium, and long variants.

• Like 1

Mosin-Nagant with bayonet. Insanely powerful bolt action shots with interesting melee capabilities. Throwing it against enemies would be kinda funny, too, like it was a javelin or something. And maybe the PPSh-41. Drum magazine fed bullet spitter. 71 bullets inside the drum and, two seconds later, 71 dead bodies on the floor. Low damage and accuracy, extremely high fire rate.

I would love to see something like a Single Action Army Revolver or just more revolvers in general. How about a garrote as a melee weapon for people that want to strangle someone with piano wire? 

i know there are guns that can loosely fit these in the game already but we need 'the jackal' and 'casull auto'.

fuckin big guns for big boyz to fuck big fuckin freaks

On 11/7/2018 at 1:52 PM, Agent Sanderson said:

How about some forgotten weapons?

Winchester liberator shotguns
https://youtu.be/PQK9JNsrq_8

VG1-5
https://youtu.be/anW7HWFlueg

US Sieg automatic rifle
https://www.forgottenweapons.com/rifles/us-sieg-rifle/

Forgotten weapons is my jam.

On 11/7/2018 at 9:36 PM, giroexspress said:

i know there are guns that can loosely fit these in the game already but we need 'the jackal' and 'casull auto'.

fuckin big guns for big boyz to fuck big fuckin freaks

YA'LL LIKE BIG GUNS?
:v

b58c1573407c5b086395fa4ac7aeac58.jpg

• Like 1