Jump to content
Mr.Krinkels

Firearms you'd like to see in the project nexus

Recommended Posts

HEY GUYS.  I'm making this thread because some day I will wind up putting even more guns into the game, and I'd really like to know what you cool kids think is hip and with it, these days.  If it throws lead, recommend it here! Conventional weapons will have the easiest time getting into the game as generally all bulleted weapons follow the same general rules.  Got a suggestion for a less than conventional weapon? Go ahead and toss it here, too! I'd like to hear it anyways.

Shit that's FOR SURE on the way:
Gloved weapons (handspikes, wolverine claws, ect) - These are modeled, textured and rigged, and most of them have distinct animation sets, but implementation is held for now.
Crossbows 
Drawn Bows 
 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Less than conventional weapon here, but do you guys plan on maybe throwing back in the laser gun you used for Project Nexus 1.5, maybe for a Science Tower level or something? Shit was badass, yo.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

STG 44 light assault rifle and the liberator pistol, They could make great weapons for the bandit factions since theyre outdated and old weapons, maybe another historical guns or the "Deer Gun" as a april fools update weapon, because of its look

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr.Krinkels said:

HEY GUYS.  I'm making this thread because some day I will wind up putting even more guns into the game, and I'd really like to know what you cool kids think is hip and with it, these days.  If it throws lead, recommend it here! Conventional weapons will have the easiest time getting into the game as generally all bulleted weapons follow the same general rules.  Got a suggestion for a less than conventional weapon? Go ahead and toss it here, too! I'd like to hear it anyways.

Shit that's FOR SURE on the way:
Gloved weapons (handspikes, wolverine claws, ect) - These are modeled, textured and rigged, and most of them have distinct animation sets, but implementation is held for now.
Crossbows 
Drawn Bows 
 

Gunblade mayB? A sword that shoots bullets would be cool. RMB (right mouse button) (aim) + LMB (left mouse button) (shoot) = shoot        LMB = melee attack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, XDefault said:

Gunblade mayB? A sword that shoots bullets would be cool. RMB (right mouse button) (aim) + LMB (left mouse button) (shoot) = shoot        LMB = melee attack

(Idea 2) - Power Glove - Its a mechanical hand replacing the original hand texture and it can shoot little lasers, smth like starwars blaster bolts. It has 2 attacks, like gunblade, ranged and melee.

(Idea 3) - Laser Cannon from M:PN 1 arena. When it hits something it creates an electrical explosion killing enemies in range, but it has low ammo.

Edited by XDefault

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a practical limit to adding more of the most versatile weapon classes, it's especially notable that many of the 5.56 rifles already blend together.  There's a lot of niches (auto pistols, high damage smgs, semi shotguns) that I'd love to see get more love and there's still plenty of totally unexplored categories (bolt-actions especially, AR-LMG midpoint, any internally supressed guns).

I also think it's a missed opportunity that weapons currently using internal magazines work with external magazine reloads.  The most common utility of loading ammunition one shell at a time in video games is to exchange a slower overall reload in favor of being able to load fewer shells faster and to cancel at any point, an extremely valuable asset for slower-reloading characters and a great way to add variety to what will likely be an otherwise very homogeneous selection of shotguns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see full auto weapons with slower fire rates like the OA-93 from PN1!

And maybe some unconventional firearms, experimental ones like the Gyrojet weapons that fire mini rockets! They could be the fastest explosive weapons, but balanced out by having the lowest damage and blast radius of all explosives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this isn't a gun however I think magic and what not kinda like Jebsuses Nexus bolts would be cool. It could be elemental like fire or ice. For example you could have a dlc where Hank dies and is sent to purgatory where he has to fight fire demons and Ice demons harrasing him with overwhelming power. Just a suggestion but magic would be awesome! 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about if you use a tank gun as a MAG? You know, like the M1A1 Abrams. It’s big, it’s bad, and has no idea how to reload it.

Edited by irongole
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Agent Sanderson said:

What about nail guns? There’s construction going on, it’d be fitting.

yeah, it would be good 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Deputy said:

What about a jackhammer? or some sort of drill used by MERC Workers

That would have some creative executions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ColonelPKA said:

By tip, do you mean stab?

Ye, drilling the enemy until it turns into a pile of organs/parts or just a big splash of blood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Deputy said:

Ye, drilling the enemy until it turns into a pile of organs/parts or just a big splash of blood

That would be cool to see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×