Strangerj

Steel and Dynamite [RP]

(If the following text doesn’t clue you in, this is not a Madness RP, but more of a general paranormal shitshow RP, cause too much Powerwolf.)

Something is coming. Something bad.

Something supernaturally bad.

Something purely evil.

They call it: The Black Angel. But it has many more names: the Peacock Angel, The Purifier, the True God.

They themselves are the Brotherhood of True Dreamers.

That is, of course, where you come in.

You stop these assholes from destroying us all.

The Office Of Special Liaisons, also known as Saint-Lawrence’s Order, deals with the unexplainable, the weird, the odd, all that and more. Currently, they’re facing a DEFCON 1: an unknown force attempting to bring about mass chaos and destruction. A threat even fully staffed teams would struggle with.

Let’s do this.

Character sheet:

Name

Callsign::

Appearance:

Weaponry:

Superstitious? Yes/No?

Rules: Everyone has 150 health. When it hits zero, you will be Downed: you can only heal yourself or crawl away. Rolls are 1-100. You have limited ammo in your gun, but infinite mags (I ain’t keeping track of brass spent). You can have two +5 boosts (or one +10) to Healing (keeping you and your allies in the fight), Combat (shooting your way out of places), Systems (hacking/magic)  or Diplomacy (talking your way out of places).

Link to Briefing and Characters/Teams: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HOfok-hEXqPX95IIad-feTfJFp3kcGa2V6PpvLqHwPk

Name: Roscoe Zimmerman

Callsign: Detective Disgraceful

Appearance: Slacks and some suspenders giving him the air of a 20's detective but updated for the modern era. Slightly rusted badge with some of the identifying numbers scratched off. Ball cap hiding a crew-cut with some sideburns on the face with a pair of sunglasses hidden on his person somewhere. A flask on his hip contents unknown. 

Weaponry: Pair of Glock 19's strapped in shoulder harnesses. Switch blade and a baton as well as a taser. UMP slung over his back. 

Superstitious: Does not really have the time or patience for fairy tales so no. 

14 hours ago, Audanti'sshitposts said:

Name: Roscoe Zimmerman

Callsign: Detective Disgraceful

Appearance: Slacks and some suspenders giving him the air of a 20's detective but updated for the modern era. Slightly rusted badge with some of the identifying numbers scratched off. Ball cap hiding a crew-cut with some sideburns on the face with a pair of sunglasses hidden on his person somewhere. A flask on his hip contents unknown. 

Weaponry: Pair of Glock 19's strapped in shoulder harnesses. Switch blade and a baton as well as a taser. UMP slung over his back. 

Superstitious: Does not really have the time or patience for fairy tales so no. 

OPERATIVE ACTIVATED: DETECTIVE. SYSTEM UPDATED.

(So, wanna start now, or wait for others?)

(Then let’s start.)

A nervous looking man with black hair stands at a projector. He is Daniel ‘Danny’ Crowley, and he is in charge of briefing you.

”Ahem. Two items on the heat sheet today. But first, introductions. I’m Danny. I’ll be tech support for both of you.”

”Alistair Pascal.” Says a man wearing a forest green camo jacket and band tee and jeans.

”Emily Hawkins.” Says a woman wearing a splitter camo jacket over her shoulders and skirt and black dress shirt.

This goes on for some time, and you meet, in quick succession: Harvey Blackburn, a soldier with a vendetta for werewolves, Travis Lyle, former governor candidate, Sei Misaki, a Japanese one eyed detective, Kazunori Kisata, a Japanese clairvoyant, and a navigator for Pascal’s team, Stephen Matterson, a redheaded psychologist who is absent, Fritzgerald and Nathaniel Brewster, twin spirit mediums, one with anger issues and a bandaged arm, and Eleanor Hawkins, sister to Emily, and very different to her. Well, go on, give your name.

"Name's Roscoe Zimmerman formerly a detective though the circumstances of my discharge were not the best to put it mildly. Interesting little group we have here. You all really believe in werewolves and spirits don't you? Personally, I do not but given as to how I have few options and some spare time on my hands might as well try to broaden my horizons in a sense. So what is it we are doing here exactly?"

“Well,” Lyle starts, shrugging. “Wolfie here hates werewolves cause one of them almost bit his head off, Mr. Sei over there with the eyepatch lost it to a shapeshifter serial killer, I-“

Daniel speaks up. “Lyle? Shut up.”

Daniel continues. “Right. Three weeks ago, something strange happened. Two somethings, actually. One: a small town in the Pacific Northwest ceased all contact, and sorta... combusted. Executioner, that’s you. Bishop will meet you there. Two: a skyscraper in New York locked down, tight. Then, yesterday, guy stumbled out with a bullet wound to his head, tattoos all over him, all symbols and shit. Hammer, that’s you. Any questions?”

He surveyed each and every member before pointing out what was bothering him. "So you mean to tell me that werewolves, shapeshifters whose career involves targeting specific individuals for murder, beings that can incinerate an entire small town, and men that can take head trauma while looking like they stepped out of the most extreme Hot Topic all exist? They all exist and now I'm part of a group that will more than likely hunt them down and kill them/detain them to keep the world safe from harm. So anything else I need to be aware of?" 

On 11/16/2018 at 11:08 PM, Audanti'sshitposts said:

He surveyed each and every member before pointing out what was bothering him. "So you mean to tell me that werewolves, shapeshifters whose career involves targeting specific individuals for murder, beings that can incinerate an entire small town, and men that can take head trauma while looking like they stepped out of the most extreme Hot Topic all exist? They all exist and now I'm part of a group that will more than likely hunt them down and kill them/detain them to keep the world safe from harm. So anything else I need to be aware of?" 

“Well, yes.” Daniel coughs. “Slight correction: the suicide victim, so we’re calling him, survived to walk to a hospital an hour away. Really, we started out as hunters, then became conservationists when we realized there’s scarier things out there in the dark other then vampire and werewolves. Much scarier. So, with the Peaceful Habitation Treatise of 1912, we scored a nifty deal: we wouldn’t hunt them to extinction, and vice versa. Nobody wants another witch trail. Nobody. Any further questions?”

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Strangerj said:

“Well, yes.” Daniel coughs. “Slight correction: the suicide victim, so we’re calling him, survived to walk to a hospital an hour away. Really, we started out as hunters, then became conservationists when we realized there’s scarier things out there in the dark other then vampire and werewolves. Much scarier. So, with the Peaceful Habitation Treatise of 1912, we scored a nifty deal: we wouldn’t hunt them to extinction, and vice versa. Nobody wants another witch trail. Nobody. Any further questions?”

"You were able to sign a treaty with these creatures? How did that even work out and why?" Clearly he was getting more confused by the moment. 

“Long story. Werewolves are part man, vampires are mostly man, iron deficiency notwithstanding, and the rest was interpreters. That good? Good. No more questions, everyone, move out. And you, new kid, pick who you’re goin’ with.”

Options/TEAM:

Callsign Hammer

Executioner Squad

(NOTE: No matter who you pick, you will NOT be allowed to switch teams. Choose wisely.)

"I used to run down and hunt mysteries for a living until circumstances put an end to that career. Been feeling like there was something missing ever since. So I am going with the devil I know and placing my support with the Executioner Squad. Your the group responsible for the investigation side of the operations correct?" For some reason Roscoe felt a bit anxious as well as excited. Finally he could get back to his true calling once more!

“Roger. Everyone, move out.”

Mr. Misaki wears a navy blue dress jacket, black dress shirt, and pants. His eye that you can see is blue. He has chestnut hair, and barely any accent. He uses a Type 89

Mrs. Hawkins wears a blue skirt and white shirt, and has blonde hair, blue eyes. She’s hefting a rifle, a SIG716G2.

The flight to Oregon is boring and uneventful.

The drive to the town is full of woods, it’s easy to see how it was kept hidden, considering the remote-ness of the burn site. The man you assume to be Bishop, er, Matterson is a tall, 5’12 man, red hair, glasses, bright blue eyes, black long jacket, white dress shirt, black vest and pants, thin red tie, and a motorcycle. Whatever you were expecting, it wasn’t a bookish young man in a black long coat and vest riding a motorcycle that looks to be from the 1910s. Mr. Matterson uses a G36C as his long arm.

”Hullo. Stephen Matterson. They call me Bishop, on account of my fondness of chess. And my intelligence, though it’s more... psychological in nature.”

(Briefing Sheet Updated.)

Edited by Strangerj

"Howdy friend! Roscoe Zimmerman at your service. I have not been graced with a nickname though so pardon my lack of one." He offered his right hand to shake while his left curled around one of the sidearms on his person. Nervously glancing around he said. "So uh you spot anything that goes bump in the night? Your friends were joking about what they said earlier right no way werewolves and the like exist or still exist."

He shakes Roscoe’s hand.

“Nothing yet, though the town is literally surrounded by a ring of smoke and ash. Basically, once we’re in, no way out.” He pulls out a few earpieces, handing them to everyone. “Free radios.”

”How’s the situation?”

”Smokey. Haven’t been inside, haven’t seen anyone in there either. Feels odd. Normally we’d be seen or something by now. The town seems to be stuck burning, or at least the aftermath of it.”

”Great. I love fire.” Nathaniel wears a black suit and shirt, and has no long gun.

”Nobody likes burning. Any questions before we go inside?”

"Wait this town is surrounded by a ring of what we can only assume to be magical fire? And the first response to this is to step in and investigate this anomaly? I would be fearful but to be honest I've always wanted to do something like this and if I had any regrets I would not have signed on in the first place. Before we go in one question. Is this magical fire set by one of these beings we are looking for? Or did one of your organization members have an accident and cause this little incident?" Excited he was fiddling around with the straps of one of his holsters.

Edited by Audanti'sshitposts
Wrong tense for the word cause.

“We... don’t know.” Sei shrugs. “And if this is a joke, we’re way too dedicated, man.”

Matterson looks up from a pocketwatch, winding it. “Everyone ready?”

”Yeah.”

”Yup.”

”Alrighty. Through the fire, tally ho!” He reaches into a saddle bag, grabbing a strap and clicking it to the bag, making a pseudo-satchel. He walks forward, gesturing to follow. “It’ll be a short walk, around thirty minutes.”

/Skip the wall, yes, no?

(I meant walk, lol)

The fire wall, for lack of a better description, is a vaguely orange ring of fire, flickering at some points, seemingly made of fire.

LOCATION DISCOVERED: FIRE-GATE

Matterson picks up a stick, pushing it into the fire. He withdraws it unburnt.

”Strange.” He snaps it, throws it away, and beckons to Brewster. “Hey, Nate, (don’t glare, Nathan), touch it.”

Nathaniel sighs and pokes it with a bandaged fire. No burns.

”Probably burns on leaving town though.”

(Briefing Updated, check it if you like.)

Edited by Strangerj

"Magical fire that will keep us locked inside. Moment we pass through that barrier seems there is no turning back. Not sure about the rest of you but I would like to know the best way to bring it down before we enter. I assume that some sort of ancient artifact of power is in play right? That or whoever or whatever we are hunting is capable of being an environmentally friendly pyro." The look of apprehension and unrestrained awe upon his visage was a sight to behold.  

“Sorry to disappoint, but I don’t think it’ll go down easy. Besides, that ruins the fun!”

”Matterson, shut up.”

”In any case, Misaki, Matterson, we do need to enter, yeah?”

”Yeah.”

/Enter the town?

Edited by Strangerj

Once you pass through, it’s like nothing you’ve ever seen before. It’s like someone paused a war flick halfway through the firebombing of Dresden. Planes sit suspended in midair, mid-dive, releasing firebombs to scorch the town. Flames absently lick at a few buildings, but do not spread. Seems the fires are running in place.

There are several options here:

/Go to Fire Station.

/Go to Police Station.

/Go to Diner.

/Go to Hospital.

The Fire is at 5% uncontainment.

The Firehouse is locked from the inside, so you’ll either have to kick in the door, or break a window. Matterson starts studying the lock, Eleanor looks for a suitable rock, and Sei peeks into the window.

NEW LOCATION DISCOVERED: FIREHOUSE

”The lock’s a combination one. Anyone wanna start guessing combos?”

Edited by Strangerj