Strangerj

Writing the War?

Dunno if this is the right place for it.

Just a discussion thread: How do you write/view the war between the AAHW and the A-AAHW? Is it a Vietnam-like conflict, napalm and guerrilla war? A Great War style, epic charges, horrible conditions, but bravery as far the eye can see? Or is it a WW2 style conflict, mobile, fast, deadly?  Or is it a mix? Or none of the above? Maybe it’s the Gulf War. Maybe the Soviet Invasion of Afghanistan. Maybe the American Civil War.

(Besides, I figure it’s interesting to get different perspectives.)

Edited by Strangerj
Spelling
  • Like 2

Intriguing question to be honest. It could be any of those things or none at all. To be honest I like the whole American Civil War vibe myself though I could also get behind a Soviet styled invasion of Afghanistan as well as the Gulf War. Though I also think that the war is its own beast entirely. It might tread back across some familiar territory in terms of the other conflicts you mentioned though with Improbability as well as the key players and factions thrown into the mix the nature of this war has changed. True what starts a typical war has not but in a sense this is a hybrid of the Cold War with the various groups and their ideologies trying to win converts with propaganda as well as high-tech gadgets. And it has a sort of guerrilla war vibe to it almost like the Iraq War as I believe groups like the AAHW actively label their opponents as terrorists and infidels.   

Edited by Audanti'sshitposts
Made a typo with an '.

This reminds me of the conflict that has existed for 50 years in my country between guerrillas, mafia, gangs and paramilitary groups

I think it would be more inline with the Iraq war. With the people all over in chaos and similar combat tactics.

• Like 1

Interesting perspectives. I see it as a WW1 in the deserts, and more modern wars in the cities. What do you think both sides would resemble, if they do resemble any army?

I envision it as a guerilla war-styled conflict, where the A-AAHW focuses on attacking AAHW facilities in a world dominated somehow by AAHW control. However, the A-AAHW's efforts are mostly just delaying the inevitable, save for Hank, Sanford, and Deimos. They actually have the potential to shift the balance of the war by pure combat skill alone.

Not sure what "resembling armies" really means, but in terms of military tactics, I always thought of the AAHW being more specialized in open spaces whereas the A-AAHW is better in closed areas. It's the only way you can really think the AAHW is a competent fighting force at all. 

Resembling armies mainly means weapons and tactics, I’d say.

And that makes sense. From what we’ve seen they’re basically the military industrial complex down to a T, big, bulky, terrifying. I’d say the main trio also has the advantage of being ‘lone attackers’, i.e. they can slip into places without needing twenty logistics guys, and wreak merry Hell on them. I’d say the AAHW is great for all out war, but not one-on-one combat. Their strength would be numbers, and the A-AAHW’s is flexibility.

• Like 2